Barn Notes

Jersey Shore Six Returns, 50-Cent Trifectas Debut This Saturday

Posted Tuesday, May 6, 2014

  • Bookmark and Share



The return of the Jersey Shore Six as well as new 50-cent trifectas will be featured on the wagering menu when Monmouth Park opens for a 57-day stand this Saturday. 

          The Jersey Shore Six, which will encompass the final six races each day, has a base price of 10 cents. The only way to win the entire pool is to have the lone ticket with six winners that day.  

If there is more than one ticket with all six winners, then all winning tickets will share 60 percent of the total betting pool each day. The other 40 percent of the day’s pool will be carried over until the next racing day. The carryover will accumulate until the day there is just one winning pick six ticket. 

On days when no ticket has six winners, payouts (based on 60 percent of the total pool) will be made to the tickets with the most winners that day. 

Last year saw the debut of the Jersey Shore Six, which produced some hefty payouts, including one for $161,486.50, on July 6. 

The 50-cent trifecta is new this year and allows for more “spreading” on one’s ticket at a fraction of the old cost. 

“This is what the fans want, plain and simple,” said Bob Kulina, president of Darby Development LLC, operators of Monmouth Park.  “We are in the business of selling mutuel tickets and to do that successfully is to listen to what your patrons want and then deliver.  Our wagering menu does just that.” 

That wagering menu also features rolling daily doubles, two Pick 4’s, and a Pick 5, in addition to the traditional win, place show, exacta, trifecta, superfecta and Pick 3 wagers. 

Post-time for the 2014 season, which runs from May 10 through Sept. 28, is 12:50 p.m. 



Comments 2
- 10/29/2014 10:10:35 PM -

- 5/25/2014 6:05:13 AM -

Leave a Comment

Add Comment

Text Only 2000 character limit
add comment